Looking for something specific?

Sunday 2 April 2017

Weekend pics

Hello!
I took loads of photos last weekend and the weekend before and I thought I'd share them with you because what's the point of taking photos if you don't share them with anyone?



 These first few were taken at my local bog when I went for a walk with my siblings, my dad, my dad's friend and my dog. The view was stunning, this picture was taken from the highest point that we went to:

This one was taken at the beginning of our trek. I was looking behind me when I took this which is why it's looking downhill.

Here we have a tree... I'm not really sure why I took this picture... Let's move on...

Another picture of the view. As you can see, it was a beautiful day but since we were up pretty high, it was super windy and a bit cold!

Int his picture you can see my dad and his friend along with my brother. My sister and I were pretty far behind because of the amount of times I stopped to take pictures and the amount of times she stopped to look at the tadpoles in puddles!

Some nice grass and brambles in the foreground here...

Here we have a wonderful picture of one the piles of turf that are scattered throughout this landscape. If you're sitting there with no idea what turf is, allow me to enlighten you. Peat, commonly known as turf is a non-renewable energy source made from decomposed marshland vegetation such as grass and trees as well as other remains such as insects and animals which has been under immense pressure for thousands of years. It then forms into this dense, brown material which is cut and dried, then taken home to peoples houses to burn in the fire like wood or coal. In Ireland, lots of people own a plot of land in a bog where they cut the turf in the late spring and leave it to dry throughout the summer months. At least I think that's when they do, my family don't own any land in the bog but a lot of my old primary school classmates did. Anyway, enough about turf, lets move on...

A nice picture of the dry grass of the bog!

Another fabulous picture of the view.

This was just a gap in the ditch with a small path leading through it. I kind of like it.

The bush in the foreground of this shot is a gorse bush. These are everywhere around this time of year. Farmers hate them because they basically take over the land. As a result, farmers burn them which can lead to huge gorse fires that can get out of control very easily. There is a time limit to burning the gorse bushes though. Farmers can't burn them after the 10th of April, I think. It's illegal after that point.

Here we can see the wonderful brownness of the bog yet again. You can also spot a row of bags filled with turf in the middle-ground of the shot.

Another gorgeous pic of the view to end our tour of the bog! Next we move on to the weekend before this when I went to the beach with my bestie.

This is the sky that evening. Isn't it just amazing!?😍

A nice serene shot of the sea off the pier. As you can sea, the weather wasn't as nice that weekend.

Here's a wonderful view of a wave crashing into the shore.

This is when the sun started to peek through the clouds which is why it looks a bit over-exposed!


This is a snap of a wave crashing through a gap in the rocks and spraying everywhere. It took a while for a big enough wave to come so I could get this shot but it was worth the few extra minutes!😂

Can you spot the little waterfall in this picture? I thought it was so cute! Also it looks cool the way the sand looks almost like a mini cliff right?

Another pic of the sea but this time we've got some sand in there too and a little pebble to spice things up!

A nice shot of the pier taken from the beach. 

A bigger wave this time, a bit more dramatic than the last wave shot.

These are rocks. Nothing else much to say about this one... I mean, there's some seaweed and a bit of sun but that's about it!

Ladybird! Look how cute it is!!!😍 Me and my friend Tori (go check out her blog, she just published 2 new posts) were just setting up our camera's to take some pics when we spotted this ladybird and got sidetracked!😂

My final picture to show you is of a bunch of shellfish on some rocks. Nice. Ok, let's move swiftly along to the outro...

 Thanks for reading today's blog, I hope you enjoyed seeing what I was up to the last few weekends! I didn't do anything this weekend because I'm a bit poorly but I'm getting better! I'm going to start my Easter posts soon so stay tuned for that!

                                                              Hugs,
   -Saph💖xoxo





















No comments:

Post a Comment