Looking for something specific?

Thursday 13 April 2017

Easter Cards- 2 Ways!

Hi!
Sorry this is so late! Today I'll be showing you how I made these two cute Easter cards! One is a kind of Easter egg hunt one and the other is a cute bunny. Before you ask, yes, I drew all of the elements on the cards but of course you can print them if you're not confident drawing. However, if you plan to make the bunny card, please at least attempt to draw it! It's just a few half-circles and two ear shapes! So please give it a go! Anyway, enough of this and on to the cards!

Ok, let's start with this first card which is the egg hunt card. It was pretty east but a bit time consuming, especially if you draw the elements yourself. Other than that, I think it turned out okay and now I'll show you how I did it!


So, I started off by drawing the flowers and some blades of grass onto some white card. Obviously, I used a pencil first and went over it with a pen. I drew a daisy type flower, a tulip and a poppy. I also drew three Easter eggs but that was after this picture was taken. Look out for them in other pictures!

Next I coloured them in! I used watercolours but you could used coloured pencils, markers anything you want!

The next step is to cut everything out! This can be a bit tricky especially with flowers that have more petals like the daisy.

After that it's just a case of sticking everything onto the panel. I used a blue patterned paper as the background panel which is slightly smaller than my card base and I cut out some green paper in a wave to look as though there's more grass than there is. Then I just arranged the flowers and eggs and grass on the card. For some of them I just stuck them directly on the card with double sided tape, others I stuck down with foam tape which gives great dimension to the card as you can kind of see in the second picture.


I just stuck the panel onto the card base and voila! Your Easter card is done! It wasn't that hard was it? Oh, I also made a small banner out of white card to write the sentiment on! You can see that in the first two pictures of the post. Right, now that we've gone through the process of making that card let's move on to card number 2!



This card doesn't have as many elements as the last one so it doesn't take as long. It's a pretty simple card that, I hope, anyone can do! Let's get started!

First, draw the bunny! I promise it's really easy! Just copy this one! It's just a semi-circle with a smaller semi-circle inside and two ears on top!

Next, colour it in! It's really simple colouring, just pink in the ears and on the nose. I also added some little rosy cheeks!

Don't forget to make some little paws too!

For the sentiment, I made a pink banner and stamped the words 'Hoppy Easter!' onto it.

Arrange the bunny and paws onto the card and add the banner over it. Boom! Easter card!

I hope you enjoyed these two Easter cards! I have one or two more Easter themed posts lined up so keep an eye out for them! Apart from that, I have nothing else to say so thanks for reading and goodbye!!
-Saph💖xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment