Looking for something specific?

Sunday 22 January 2017

How To Bake Paris Buns!

Hey!
How are you? Long time, no see huh? 😆 Sorry! I said that I'd try posting a bit more last week and well... Sorry! Anyway, today I'm going to show you how to bake Paris Buns! These aren't difficult to make, they are low in sugar and taste great! They are kind of halfway between bread and cake and taste quite similar to scones but are not scones, you know what I mean?😂 This is what they look like:

Finished Paris Buns




Alright, so I haven't quite mastered the art of food photography yet. Give me a while, I'll get it soon enough!😅 I want to let you know that mine are a tad under-baked because I was going babysitting and they were still in the oven when I had to leave. They maybe could have done with a few extra mins but they still taste great! So, without further ado let's get started!


Ingredients: 

Ingredients for Paris Buns


Method:

  1. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl
A sieve filled with flour resting in a bowl


 2. Rub in the butter, add the sugar and mix well.

Cubes of butter in a bowl with flour

Hands in a bowl

3. Add the egg (keeping a little back, I forgot to do that for mine, opps!) and add the milk a little at a time until it forms a loose dough. By that I mean it should be able to hold its shape but is still a bit wet. I'm sorry that I don't have a pic for that, I was in a rush!😖
An egg in the bowl of the flour and butter mixture

4. Turn onto a floured board (Lot's of flour is necessary, especially if your dough is as wet as mine was), knead lightly and form a roll.(Mine looks a bit messy, sorry!😅) Cut into even sized pieces and shape them into sort of ovals I guess?!😆
Dough in a floured board

5. Place them onto a greased tin, brush with a little egg and sprinkle some sugar on top if you want to. 
Paris buns ready to go into the oven

6. Put them in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius/ 392 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 mins and Voila! Your Paris Buns are ready to enjoy with some butter, jam or anything else you want!

A picture of Paris buns

I hope you give these a try, The recipe makes 6-8 buns, depending on how big you make them. You could also try different flavours if you want like, adding spices or dried fruit or chocolate chips, whatever your heart desires really! You can also use different toppings, sweet or maybe even savory??? The possibilities are endless!! Again, if you give these a go, snap a pic and send it to me or tag me in it so I can see! If you do try any variations, let me know how they turned out in the comments!?
                                             Over and out-Saph💖xx

Also, my social media links are here, go follow me!



2 comments:

  1. These buns look delicious! I'll have to try them ASAP :) Lovely post xo

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't forget to tag me in a pic of them after!

      Delete