Looking for something specific?

Wednesday 1 February 2017

How to Bake Cute, Mini Victoria Sponges

Hey!
Today I have another baking post for you! This is how to make cute mini Victoria Sponges! These are seriously adorable and seriously delicious! I highly recommend that you try these, they are so cute and so easy to make! Let me show you how it's done..




First of all, the ingredients! (I am aware that I spelled 'margarine' wrong but, I'm too lazy to edit the picture again!😆)

I'll list them too, in case you can't see the picture:

175g of Self-Raising Flour
135g of Butter/Margarine
135g of Sugar
3 Eggs
Jam (for the filling)
Cream (optional but recommended!)

And now, on to Step 1 of How to Bake Mini Victoria Sponges!

Step 1:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake tin with circles of grease-proof/baking paper: 

Step 2:

Put all of the ingredients into a mixer or bowl and mix for a good, 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl every now and then.


Step 3:

This isn't really a step but your mixture should look like this:


It's really light and fluffy, the picture doesn't show it very well! Also, I should mention that this batter tastes amazing! So I should warn you not to eat it all before it's baked!

Step 4:

Fill your cupcake tin relatively equally. These are going to go into the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.


Step 5:

Mine were a little bit under cooked (I keep doing that! Check out my last baking post- How to Bake Paris Buns when I did the same thing! What is it with me and undercooking things?!) Anyway, leave these delicious little cakes to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes or until they are cool to the touch. You don't want the jam or cream melting and soaking into the cake do you?


Step 6:

Now comes the fun part! Lets make these into mini sponge cakes! First you'll need to cut all of your little cakes in half. If you have a few flatter ones, don't worry! Just pair them to make one mini sponge cake! I had to do that and it turned out fine.


Step 7:

Now you've got to fill them! I filled each of mine with traditional jam and cream but you can fill them however you want!


Step 8:

All that's left to do now is put them all together and eat them! I decided to decorate mine a bit by using the left over cream, putting it in a plastic sandwich bag, snipping the tip and piping it onto the cakes to hide the little hump on them. I think they turned out really pretty! And they taste amazing!



I hope you enjoyed this post! Make sure you give these mini Victoria Sponges a go because they are so cute and so delicious! Don't forget to leave a comment telling me how you got on if you did try these and I'll see you soon!

            Over and out-Saph💖xx

No comments:

Post a Comment