Looking for something specific?

Monday 13 February 2017

Valentines Day Nail Art!

Hey everyone!

I'm back and today I decided to try and do a nail art post. I don't really know how I did but whatever! Anyway, since it's Valentines Day tomorrow I thought that I'd celebrate the occasion with some cute nails. I think they turned out quite nice, what do you think? Ok, well I'm going to stop rambling now and show you how to do it!

Here are the polishes that I used:
You can't really see them all but I'll tell you the names and colours as we go along. Step 1 is to add a base coat. You can skip this but I highly recommend it. Adding a base coat protects your natural nail from staining especially when using dark colours which, I know, we aren't doing here but still! Anyway, base coat, add it

Step 2 is to add your base colour. Here, I'm using a light, pastel pink from Models Own it's called Paradise Pink. I realised after that I should have used white but pink works. This is actually a really pretty colour, I love pastel shades! Quick top tip: For a long-lasting manicure, be sure to wrap the tip of your nails. This prevents the polish from chipping so, if you didn't know that, you do now!
For the next step you're going to need some form of dotting tool. It doesn't have to be a proper dotting tool, you can use a toothpick or a bobby pin. Just something that can make small dots.
Step 3 is to get a darker colour, I used pink because it's Valentines Day, and just dot it over your nail.The colour I used is from a brand called Champneys in the shade, wait for it, PINK! Can you believe it? What an inventive name! Remember to leave the ring finger nail blank because we'll be doing an accent nail later.
Step 4: Use a lighter colour, I used white, and put a dot of that over the pink leaving just a sliver of the pink showing. Here is where I realised that I should have made the background white and used light pink over the dark pink for a better effect. But I didn't and here we are! The white polish I used came in a French manicure set and I'm pretty sure that it was quite cheap so it's not the best polish but it did the trick. It's from Professional Nail Care and it's Super Finish French White, in case anyone is interested.
Step 5 is the accent nail. For this I decided to do the same thing as every other nail just in darker colours and with little hearts instead. I used a red polish as the dark colour. The red I used is Rimmel's I 💙 Lasting Finish in the shade 030 Double Decker Red. It's a pretty old nail polish and I'm not sure if they sell it anymore. Anyway, to make the hearts I just used a smaller dotting tool and made two little dots right next to each other. Then with the dotting tool, drag the two dots to meet in a point. Did I explain that right? I hope so!
Now just repeat that process with a slightly lighter colour leaving a sliver of red as before. And that's it! You're done! Just add a top coat to smooth everything out and that's the completed manicure!
I hope you enjoyed this post, I really like this design I think it looks kind of 3D? As always, if you try this out for yourselves, please be sure to post a picture and tag me in it! I really hope that you do try this out and that you have a great Valentines Day whether it be with your special someone,with friends or with food!💗😆🍨 Personally, I'll be spending mine, as I do everyday, with YouTube!

Thanks for reading!
Over and out- Saph💖xx

No comments:

Post a Comment